he WPPSI-IV includes extensive content changes based on the most current literature in the field and feedback from experts and clinicians.
- Identify and qualify students with cognitive delays for special services.
- Evaluate children for cognitive delays, intellectual disabilities, autism and giftedness.
- Determine admittance eligibility for private schools.
- Determine the impact of traumatic brain injury on cognitive functions in children.
- Determine cognitive ability of children in question during custody hearings.
The WPPSI-IV places a strong emphasis on child-friendly features. The latest version of this test also includes new processing speed tasks.
- Simplified and shortened instructions for children.
- Demonstration, sample and teaching items, used whenever possible to ensure clarity of task demands.
- Two new working memory subtests that provide age-appropriate, engaging tasks for children as young as 2.5 years old.
- Three levels of interpretation: Full scale, Primary Index scale and Ancillary Index scale levels.
- Three new game-like subtests that offer engaging art and use an ink dauber to indicate responses, which minimizes fine motor demands.
- New and separate visual spatial and fluid reasoning composites for ages 4:0–7:7.
There are no reviews yet.