NEPSY-II results — combined with quantifiable behavioral observations analysis during assessment and observations analysis from home and school — help clarify the nature of a child’s problems and provide a basis for developing appropriate intervention recommendations.
- Assess executive functioning/attention, language, memory/learning, sensorimotor functioning, visuospatial processing, social perception.
- Vary the number of subtests according to the needs of the child.
- Link results to educational difficulties.
- Facilitate recommendations for mental health interventions.
- Obtain a comprehensive view of quantitative and qualitative patterns of neuropsychological performance.
NEPSY-II is used for general, diagnostic and selective, or full assessments — from a basic overview of a child’s neurological status to a full comprehensive neuropsychological evaluation.
- Extended age range through 16 years. Record Form formats included for different age ranges.
- Increased domain coverage from five to six (addition of Social Perception).
- Eight new measures of Executive Functioning, Visuospatial Processing and Memory and Learning.
- Tower replaced by three new measures of Executive Functioning: Inhibition, Clocks, and Animal Sorting.
- Enhanced psychometric properties, clinical sensitivity, and construct validity.
- Norms are now valid regardless of order of subtest administration.
- Behavioral observation profiles and case studies are included.
- Optional NEPSY-II decision making and scoring software can be used before and after the test administration.