The PPVT-4 test allows for direct comparisons between receptive and expressive vocabulary performance.
- Quickly evaluate receptive vocabulary without requiring reading or writing.
- Directly compare receptive and expressive vocabulary (when you also administer the EVT-2).
- Move immediately into evidence-based interventions using those embedded directly into and linked into the scoring and reporting software.
- Meet guidelines for universal screening, identify strengths and weaknesses, and run diagnostic testing in an RTI environment.
- Monitor progress using two parallel forms.
The PPVT-4 supplies two equivalent forms of the test which contain different vocabulary items to ensure the individual has not “learned” the test. The test also features:
- New Digital Stimulus Book for administration on desktop or laptop.
- More stimulus words with better representation of word types across all levels of difficulty.
- All items evaluated for appropriateness with a diverse population.
- A strengthened test floor.
- Illustrations in full color and modernized core vocabulary.
- New Growth Scale Value (GSV) for measuring incremental vocabulary growth over time.
- Multiple levels of diagnostic analysis.
- Co-normed with Expressive Vocabulary Test Second Edition (EVT™-2)
- Extremely reliable scores, with all reliability and validity coefficients in the .90s range.