Use DEAP in conjunction with CELF-5, PLS-5, or another comprehensive language test to obtain a complete understanding of a child’s speech and language ability.
- Obtain a differential diagnosis of articulation disorders and disorders of phonological processes.
- Discriminate children with typical developing speech from children who have delay/disorder.
- Examine oral motor function using the Oral Motor Screen.
- Use screening results to customize the DEAP assessment process and develop appropriate therapy plans based on the child’s performance.
- Gain a more comprehensive understanding of the child’s needs through the provided validity studies.
DEAP provides you with more assessment options.
- Quick articulation and phonology screening.
- Colorful and engaging pictures.
- Speech sounds are sampled at least twice to ensure that you have a thorough picture of the child’s sound system.
- The Articulation Assessment samples all English sounds, including vowels.
- The Phonology Assessment provides information about error patterns and differences between single word and continuous speech production.
- Oral Motor Screen provides a brief assessment of sequencing and accurate and fluent production of speech.